Hundred Acre Missives

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More The American Red Cross

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Oblige the Mournful Beast of Burden

Dear Eeyore (see that this gets to him, won't you, Christopher Robin?),
I am sorry that I contributed to your less than enviable week. I know how trying babysitting can sometimes be. But I'm sure Roo really appreciates it! Anyhow, I have written not one but two stories about you. The longer of the two, however, is a Christmas story, so I won't send it along until it's a bit more seasonal. But this one is just perfect for the tail end of summer. I wrote it a long time ago, so it's a fairly simple story, but I hope this cheers you up a bit!
Contritely,
Erin

A Picnic for Eeyore

Eeyore was bored. The sky was gray.
Would Eeyore find something to do today?
Pooh was hungry. He wanted to eat.
He thought that a picnic would be a treat.
It's raining outside, thought Pooh. Oh, dear!
Well, I'll just take my food and have one in here.
I'll invite Eeyore. He looks so sad.
Perhaps a picnic will make him glad!
Soon Winnie-the-Pooh was at Eeyore's door.
"Come have a picnic with me, Eeyore!
There'll be cake and hunny and, just for you,
There'll be lots of thistles!" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
Eeyore grinned a half-grin and said, "Sure, I'll come.
A picnic like that is bound to be fun!"
So, quick as a wink, the two of them ran
Right back to Pooh's house, and the feasting began.
They ate honey on bread, honey on cake,
Honey on thistles - what a mistake!
By the end of the meal, they both were all sticky,
And getting the honey off them was quite tricky!
But when Eeyore left and the picnic was done,
He said this was the day that he'd had the most fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home