Hundred Acre Missives

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More The American Red Cross

Monday, August 29, 2005

I Make an Abashed Reply

Dear Chris(topher Robin),
As you can see, I am torn as to whether you should shorten your name. "Chris" is so common; "Christopher Robin" is unusual and elegant. At any rate, I don't think you ought to expect the woodland folk to adjust to a new name. They've been calling you that forever, and they just aren't used to things changing. I wrote a story once about things in the Hundred Acre Wood changing, and I'll send it to you if you like. But I'm so glad that they don't. It must be so nice to remain in suspended animation. Please don't ever get tired of it. But I am in no position to lecture you. I should be apologizing, and I will. I certainly didn't mean to disappear for so long. Forgive me? I'll be glad to take a taste of Pooh's honey, and I'm sure he'll be happy to finish off the jar for me. I will try harder to keep in touch. Hopefully see you soon!
Apologetically,
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home